Dambusters is out now!
Follow the journey of Pao Fernández Garrido across five European countries to learn why barriers are being removed and who are the river heroes behind it.
The documentary film is commissioned and co-produced by the World Fish Migration Foundation, WWF, and Magen Entertainment, with the support of Wetlands International, The Nature Conservancy, the European Anglers Alliance, Nationale Postcode Loterij, the Life Programme of the European Union, Mulago, Biohabitats and the ForestPeace Foundation.
Dam Removal Europe started officially in April 2016 when a few organisations partnered together and began the first dam removal movement at the European level. After 5 years of research, DRE findings are astonishing; fantastic national river barrier removal inventories, national policies, and overall, important barrier removal successes which were not only positive for nature, but also for people.
This is why, we decided to film a selection of these great cases and show the rest of the world that freeing rivers from barriers it is much more than fish and, we all need to know. Dambusters is a documentary which follows the journey around the world of Spanish engineer, Pao Fernández Garrido, meeting river heroes in their passionate quest to restore their rivers and ecosystems.
You can now watch Dambusters in Waterbear – sign up for free and join the Riverlution!
WaterBear is a free streaming platform and publisher that brings inspiration and action together, by encouraging their community to engage with entertaining films on topics in the environmental and humanitarian space. You can simply sign up for free on their platform and have access to hundreds of inspiring movies – like Dambusters!
Dambusters has been travelling across the world!
Screenings and film festivals
- September 29, 2022: World Premiere in Brussels
- October 1, 2022: Spanish Premiere, in Pontevedra
- October 7, 2022: Virtual Premiere in “Show&Tell” Platform
- November 21, 2022: Finish Premiere in Imatra
- November 21, 2022: German Premiere in Munich
- November 28, 2022: Austrian Premiere in Vienna
- December 13, 2022: Bulgarian Premiere in Sofia
- February 16, 2023: Screening in Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
- February 16-20, 2023: Wild and Scenic Film Festival in California, USA
- February 23, 2023: Premiere in Kosovo
- March 6-16, 2023: Environmental Film Fest in Washington DC, USA
- March 10-12, 2023: Galway Fest in Galway, Ireland
- May 8, 2023: in Torino, Italy
- May 23, 2023: in Gothenburg, Sweden
- June 5, 2023: in Vilnius, Lithuania
- June 30, 2023: in Pontevedra, Spain
- September 22-24, 2023: Festival Terra Lenta in Cecina, Italy
Want to screen Dambusters in your city?
If you are interested to organise a cinema screening in your city let us know by filling in our contact form and we will put you in contact with the filmmaker to discuss further details such as the screening fees.