Dam Removal Europe Workshop in Lithuania
Date: 2 – 3 July 2018
Next week, Dam Removal Europe along with the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Lithuania, will host a national workshop where attendees will be able to learn the most important topics about dam removal and they will discuss Lithuanian situation.
Different dam removal experts will be talking about the key aspects of dam demolition, like:
- Technical issues: Civil engineer Laura Wildman (Princeton Hydro, CT, USA) with over 20 years of experience on dam removal, will be presenting the most important technical aspects when carrying out a barrier demolition.
- Policy and current situation in Europe: Pao Fernández Garrido (World Fish Migration Foundation, Spain) will show Dam Removal Europe findings on policy and dam removal situation in Europe.
- Research: Rachel Bowes (Karlstad University, Sweden) will talk about Swedish situation and the research they are currently doing.
- Book presentation: Herman Wanningen (World Fish Migration Foundation, Netherlands) will present the new book, freely available, which one of its focus in dam removal.
- And visiting dams of Vilnius (Belmontas & Mūrinė Vokė)
Download the full program below.
If you wish to organize your own workshop, seminar or Dam Removal event please contact us: